Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bemidji and a side trip to Lake Itasca
This is where it all starts.


Late in August we took a trip to Bemidji during our stay at Breezy Point. We hadn't seen Paul [as in Bunyan] in many years. Nor had either of us been to the headwaters in . . .well a long time. So we picked up AJ [lucky him he had no classes that day]and after a quick yet very embarrassing stop to see Paul. We headed into the woods. Just around this corner is a beautiful sight .There is a small river walkway that allows you to cross over the beginning of the Mighty Mississippi. As I stood there I couldn't help but wonder how many of my Elders had done this very thing.

Lake Itasca. . .tap,tap  Mississippi River. . . tap,tap

I'm on top of the world. I mean river. . .


No trip to Bemidji is complete with out stopping to see Paul.
After a couple of times across and at least one trip into the river. We headed off to enjoy a nice picnic lunch. We took the scenic route back through North Bemidji so I could "See the town" Dropped AJ back off and headed south to Breezy.














No comments:

Post a Comment